Chef Christian Perez’s Featured Recipe “Georgia Grown Shrimp Ceviche” from the 2019 Georgia National Fair Georgia Grown Event Stage.
- 1 pound Georgia white shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 grapefruit, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 cucumber, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced into ¼ inch pieces
- Cilantro, to serve
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Prepare a bowl filled with ice water. Add shrimp, cover pot, and remove from the heat. Allow to stand for about 3 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and shock in ice bath.
- Remove the shrimp from the ice bath and cut into small pieces
- In a medium bowl, place shrimp, citrus juices, jalapeno, cucumber, onion and avocado. Season with salt and pepper, and allow to marinate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips and garnish with cilantro.