- 1-pound broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons pecan or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Chili Garlic Sauce to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup coarsely chopped Georgia pecans
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli florets and blanche for 1 minute. Drain broccoli then plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop cooking and to retain bright green color.
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except broccoli, scallions and pecans. Add broccoli to dressing mixture, tossing to coat. Adjust seasoning.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chilled. Garnish with scallions and pecans.
Serves 4 – 6.