- 4 cups self-rising flour + more for kneading and rolling
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- ½ cup finely chopped chives or scallions
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place 4 cups self-rising flour in a large bowl. Add sour cream and chives to flour, followed by the buttermilk. Use a wooden spoon to combine.
- Liberally flour a cutting board with more self-rising flour. Turn dough out onto board. Gently knead dough, incorporating more flour until it is not sticky to the touch.
- Roll or pat out dough to about one-inch thickness. Using desired size biscuit cutter, dip in flour then cut biscuits, placing them onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-16 minutes until lightly golden.
Serve as is, or with your choice of toppings: pimento cheese, country ham, or chopped chives or scallions.