Pecan Smoked Winter Squash Hummus, Candied Pecans
- 1 ½ lb Local Winter Squash, such as butternut
- 3 Tbsp Georgia Olive Oil, divided
- 1 ½ cup Chickpeas, drained with liquid reserved
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 clove Minced Garlic
- 1 ea Lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp Salt
- To taste Black Pepper
- Pinch Cumin
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ½ cup Candied Pecans, chopped
- Applewood smoked salt, to taste (optional)
- Cut winter squash in half and deseed. Coat with Georgia Olive Oil, salt and pepper. Place on a smoker on medium heat with pecan wood. Smoke until fork tender, about 1 ½ hours. Or, bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
- Add squash, 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and lemon to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add in spices and blend until well combined. Taste for seasoning. If baked, add applewood smoked salt for seasoning to create a smoky flavor. Top with more olive oil and candied pecans for garnish.
- Serve with vegetables, crackers, or toasted bread for dipping.