- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 ½ cups finely chopped shitake mushrooms, 6 – 8 ounces
- ½ cup finely diced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions to hot skillet, cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until just beginning to soften. Add garlic to pan and cook additional minute. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and hot sauce, stirring to combine. Cook, stirring until mushrooms soften, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Let cool then refrigerate until cold. Combine chilled mushroom mixture and ground beef in a bowl. Season mixture with additional salt and pepper. Mix well with hands or wooden spoon until mushrooms are well distributed. Form six patties, flattening to about ½ inch.
- Grill patties on a hot grill 2 – 3 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Be careful flipping burgers as they are somewhat delicate. Serve on toasted Ciabatta buns with desired toppings.
- Serves 6.