- 1 32-oz bag Baker Farms Shredded Collard Greens
- 1 large onion, small diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup oil
- ½ lb. of Carroll’s Smoked Sausage, sliced thin and crisped in a pan, or cooked bacon, cut into 3 inch pieces
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Sauté collards, onion, and garlic in 2 tbsp oil for 5 minutes in a large pan on high heat, in batches if necessary.
- Remove from pan, after sautéing, remove large stems, and place into a strainer to press out as much liquid as possible. Put into a large bowl.
- Add the ricotta, cream cheese, and parmesan, mix and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Next, add salt and pepper to taste and then incorporate eggs one at a time.
- Heat pan to medium heat and then add remaining oil.
- Scoop ¼ cup portions of the mix and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add to cornbread as a slider with bacon or sausage and hot sauce, if desired. Serve.
Cornbread can be homemade or bought premade. Toppings can be added to fit your palate.