- 12 King’s Hawaiian rolls, sliced
- 1 ½ pounds Stripling’s Italian sausage
- 2 + tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 4 ounces diced fresh mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2/3 cup diced English cucumber, skin on
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Combine all salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Form sausage into 12 square patties. Grill sausage until it reaches internal temperature of 155 degrees. Toast cut sides of rolls on grill.
Spread a generous amount of mayonnaise on bottom half of each roll. Divide salsa evenly among the rolls. Top salsa with sausage patty, pressing down to hold ingredients together. Top sliders with top half of roll. Serve immediately.
- Makes 12 sliders.