- 2 lbs very ripe fresh tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ Vidalia onion
- 1 Anaheim pepper, or ½ medium red bell pepper (or any other mild pepper except for green bell peppers. Something with a tiny bit of heat provides balance but isn’t necessary.)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ c Oliver Farm Infused Sunflower oil
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- Peel cucumber and cut into coarse chunks. Halve and core tomatoes and cut into coarse chunks. Peel onion and cut into chunks. Halve, de-seed and de stem pepper and cut into chunks. Peel garlic.
- Put everything into a high-speed blender and blend on high at least two minutes until the mixture is very smooth – it should be a dark pink color. With the blender still running, add salt and vinegar. In a slow and steady stream, drizzle in the oils, and blend until mixture is airy and completely emulsified. It will turn a bright orange with the addition of the oils. Chill until mixture is completely cool, 3-6 hours.
More olive oil and a touch of vinegar drizzled on top, chives, dill or basil, halved cherry tomatoes, toasted crusty baguette, croutons. Can be served in tall glasses for sipping, or in a soup bowl.