- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 8 cups zucchini noodles or combination zucchini and yellow squash
- 1 ½ cups julienne red bell pepper (matchstick size)
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons each grated fresh ginger and garlic
- 1 ½ cups chopped scallions
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce or hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, place chicken thighs, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon oil, tossing to coat. Place on baking sheet.
- Cook in preheated oven 20 – 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. While hot, use 2 forks to shred chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil into large skillet over medium heat. Add red peppers, carrots, ginger and garlic to hot pan. Stir mixture until it just begins to soften. Add zucchini noodles and scallions to mixture in pan. Cook mixture until zucchini just begins to soften. Set aside.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Add sauce to zucchini mixture in skillet and mix until zucchini is coated well. Serve hot or at room temperature with shredded chicken on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts.
- Serves 6.