- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions (preferably Vidalia)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups fresh vegetables, large dice (zucchini/yellow squash/mushrooms/celery/green beans/bell peppers) *
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Optional: 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add vegetables a few at a time, starting with vegetables that take the longest to cook.
- Continue adding and cooking until vegetables just begin to get soft.
- Season vegetables then add tomatoes.
- Bring mixture to a boil then lower to a simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Serves 6.
*you can use any combination of fresh vegetables that you like