- 3 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off cob
- 1 Vidalia onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced bell peppers, any color combination
- 1 zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise then sliced about ½ inch
- 1 container grape tomatoes
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: fresh basil, thyme, oregano or cilantro
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced bacon to hot skillet and cook until crispy.
- Add Vidalia onions and peppers to skillet and cook about 2 minutes, stirring to cook evenly.
- Add zucchini and corn to mixture, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture an additional 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook until they just start to blister.
- Adjust seasoning and add fresh herbs if desired. Remove from heat and serve.
- Serves about 12.