- 4 Cups Self Rising Flour + More For Rolling And Kneading
- ½ Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Pimento Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups Buttermilk
- 2 ¼ “ Biscuit Cutter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk 4 cups flour in a large bowl, making a well in center.
- Add shortening and pimento cheese into well. Begin adding buttermilk to well, working into shortening cheese mixture with your hand. When you have a loose paste, begin incorporating flour in from the edges.
- When all flour has been incorporated, turn out onto floured board and knead lightly 5 or 6 times incorporating more flour if it too sticky.
- Pat dough out to 1 inch thickness.
- Dip biscuit cutter in flour and cut biscuits. Place on baking sheet and bake 12 – 15 minutes until golden.
Makes 20-24 biscuits