- 2-3 peaches, skin on, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 small Vidalia onion, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 jalapeno, diced into ¼ inch pieces (if you would like it spicier, include some diced ribs and seeds)
- 1 ear of sweet corn, shucked
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, leaves picked from stems
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup peanut, pumpkin seed, or fruity olive oil, plus ½ teaspoon more to roast the corn
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch (to taste) smoked paprika
- 1 pinch (to taste) fragrant chili powder
- Set broiler to high. Rub corn all over with ½ teaspoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Place corn on a baking sheet and broil on the highest rack of the oven, turning often, until corn is charred in spots and is fully cooked about 10 minutes.
- Combine diced peaches, diced Vidalia onions, diced cucumber, and diced jalapeno in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, smoked paprika, and chili powder in another container. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss peach mixture with dressing and refrigerate 1 hour before serving to let flavors meld.
- Mix in cilantro to the peach mixture just before serving.
- Serve salad over chopped romaine.
For extra crunch, add a handful of roasted and salted pumpkin seeds, cashews, or peanuts.
As always, Enjoy!