- 4 -5 russet potatoes, washed, skin on, 1-inch cubes, about 8 cups
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- Salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon regular or smoked paprika
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ½ cups grated cheddar, divided
- Sour cream and chopped scallions for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook diced bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Reserve 2 ½ tablespoons grease.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with bacon grease, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Toss potatoes well to evenly coat with spices. Distribute potatoes evenly in a large ovenproof casserole. Roast potatoes about 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and ½ cup grated cheese in a small bowl, mixing well to combine.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture over golden potatoes then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return pan to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly-about 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, scallions and bacon.
- Serves 6.