- 1-pound fresh green beans, French cut or tipped and left whole
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon finely minced or grated garlic
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, toss green beans with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Divide green beans onto 2 parchment or foil-lined baking sheets. Place in preheated oven and cook for 8 – 12 minutes depending on size. Green beans should be tender to bite.
- While green beans are cooking, heat olive oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and lemon zest and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Add lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- Put cooked green beans into medium bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over green beans tossing to coat well.
- Place green beans in serving dish. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese over green beans. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4 – 6.