- 8 Whole wheat tortillas
- 4 Slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 Cup diced onion
- 6 Cups chopped kale
- 2 Cups diced apple, skin on
- 2 Cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 Pint egg whites
- Salt & pepper
- Hot sauce
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Drain and reserve grease.
- Add onion to bacon mixing together, cooking until onions are translucent. Add kale to skillet, mixing in and cooking until kale is slightly wilted.
- Add apple to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook until apples are tender.
- Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon grease to pan. Lower heat to medium. Add egg whites to skillet and cook, stirring gently until white curds form. Season with salt & pepper.
- Fold kale mixture into cooked egg whites.
- Lay tortillas out on cutting board, scoop ½ cup of mixture onto lower third of tortilla.
- Sprinkle mixture with 2 tablespoons cheese and desired amount of hot sauce.
- Fold bottom of tortilla over mixture, tightening filling as you roll. Fold both sides in and continue rolling. Your burrito should be compact and tight.
- Brown lightly in a skillet with a little butter or oil. Enjoy.
Wrap remaining burritos in plastic wrap and freeze. Serves 8.