- 1 ¼ pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper
- ¾ cup jam, jelly or pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray a regular size muffin tin.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions and garlic to preheated pan. Season onions and garlic with salt & pepper and cook 2-3 minutes until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Combine ground chicken or turkey in a bowl with egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and cooled onions and garlic. Mix well to combine all ingredients. Divide mixture evenly into the muffin pan.
- Place pan in the preheated oven and cook 15 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and spoon 1 tablespoon of jelly on top of each muffin. Return pan to oven and continue to bake 10 – 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Let rest for 5 – 10 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife then remove from pan.
- Serve 1 – 2 per person.