Goat Cheese and Seasonal Greens Fondue
- 1 ½ cup chopped turnip greens
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Onion, diced finely 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme leaves ½ tsp
- 1 cup Thomasville Tomme, shredded
- 8 oz Goat Cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Assorted vegetables and toasted ciabatta for dipping
- Toss grated Thomasville Tomme with 1/4 tsp cornstarch.
- Set a small pot of water to boil.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent. Add garlic and thyme and stir until fragrant.
- Increase heat, and add turnip greens. Sautee until fully wilted. Add wine and heavy cream and heat until just beginning to bubble.
- Transfer mixture to a stainless steel mixing bowl that fits over the top of the saucepan. Fill saucepan with boiling water and place mixing bowl over it to create a double boiler. Do not allow bottom of mixing bowl to touch the water.
- Add Thomasville Tomme to the wine and cream mixture 1 handful at a time, stirring until mostly melted before adding the next handful. Add crumbled goat cheese all at once, stirring until fondue is melted and smooth. Do not allow mixture to come to a simmer or fondue will break and become grainy.
- Season to taste with fresh black pepper. Serve warm with assorted cooked and raw vegetables and bread for dipping.