Georgia Grown Peanut Hummus
- 2 Cups Georgia Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, or Green Peanut oil
- 1 Medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 6 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 Cups water
- ¼ Cup olive oil or Oliver Farm Green peanut oil
- ¼ Cup Oliver Farm Infused Peanut Oil or olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 Watermelon radishes or 6 medium red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- On a baking pan, drizzle the peanuts with the oil and roast in the oven at 300 degrees until golden brown.
- In a medium pot, sweat the onions with the olive oil and herbs until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the roasted peanuts and water to the pot and simmer for around 30 minutes or until peanuts are soft. Remove herbs and bay leaf.
- Place the peanut-onion-water mix into the pitcher of a high speed blender. Begin blending on medium speed, then gradually add the oils with the blender running. Continue to blend until smooth. Season the mix with lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a container and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Before serving, slice the radishes. Garnish hummus with green onion and a generous drizzle of olive or infused peanut oil. Serve hummus with radishes on the side for dipping.
Did you know?
The peanut is Georgia's official state crop.