- 1 large eggplant, washed, skin on, cut in ½ inch slices
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or ¼ cup store-bought
- ¼ teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle both sides of eggplant slices lightly with salt. Place slices on a rack or on paper towels and let rest for 30 minutes. While eggplant is resting, combine breadcrumbs, cheese and spices in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter and olive oil.
- Dip eggplant slices in butter/olive oil mixture then into breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes then flip eggplant slices and cook an additional 5 – 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Can be eaten as a side dish as is or used to make individual pizzas or eggplant parmesan.
- Serves 6 – 8 depending on size of eggplant.