- 2 Cups self rising flour
- ¼ Cup sour cream
- ¼ Cup butter
- ½ Cup country ham, cooked and coarsely diced
- ¼ Cup honey + more to brush after baking
- ¾ Cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven 450 degrees
- Whisk or sift flour in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center, and place butter and sour cream in center. Blend butter and sour cream together with your hand without incorporating flour, then add buttermilk and blend further to make a paste.
- Add country ham and honey to paste and combine. Gradually draw flour into paste and incorporate into mixture, kneading lightly.
- Scoop out onto well floured board. Add more flour if mixture is too sticky or wet. Knead several times then pat out to 1” thickness. Cut with 2 ¼ inch biscuit cutter and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden. Brush with honey while warm.
Makes about 12 biscuits.