- 4 Pounds chicken thighs
- ½ Pound applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 ½ Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 Yellow onion, diced fine
- Salt and pepper
- Butter lettuce
- Sautéed Vidalia or sweet onions
- Pepper jelly
- Brioche or Hawaiian style buns
- Dice chicken thighs and bacon into ½ inch pieces.
- Place onto a baking sheet that will fit in your freezer and freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Place into the bowl of a food processor with olive oil, and onion, and pulse until very finely chopped, but bits of bacon and chicken remain.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until incorporated. Taste for seasoning by rolling a little of the mixture into a ball and placing in the microwave for 20 seconds to cook.
- Add more salt and pepper if necessary, then form into patties and place onto a baking sheet until ready to cook.
- Cook to 165 degrees
Serve on grilled and buttered buns with butter lettuce, pepper jelly, and onions.