- 4 cups green beans, washed, strung and snapped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper, any color
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat oil in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, celery and garlic to pan and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add Cajun spice to vegetables, stirring to combine.
- Add green beans and chicken broth to mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 10 minutes for al dente green beans or 20 – 30 minutes for more well done.
- Serves about 6.