- 1 pound Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup Oliver farms Pecan Oil
- 3 gloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 jar Abby J’s Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup Freeman’s Mill Self Rising Cornmeal
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Three Beer Rub
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes. Combine chicken, pecan oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a a zip top bag. Refrigerate hours to overnight.
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn meal, 3 Beer Rub, egg and buttermilk. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a skillet to medium high. Add chicken and cook until done, 170 degrees, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salsa and cook until heated through.
- Heat grill pan to medium high. Lightly grease with pecan or sunflower oil.
- Drop cornmeal batter on hot griddle by tablespoon. Cook a minute or two on each side or until golden.
- Repeat with all remaining batter.
- Top each hoecake with a spoonful of warm chicken mixture.